Start a new topic

Wikitude SDK on Android 2.3.4 (Samsung Galaxy ACE)

Wikitude SDK on Android 2.3.4 (Samsung Galaxy ACE)

Hi everyone.
i downloaded the most recently SDK for Android and i installed the WikitudeSDKSample.apk on my phone (Samsung Galaxy ACE with Android 2.3.4), the application installs and opens correctly, but when i select a example  the application close automatically (the GPS and WIFI has been activated). I tried in LG L7 (Android 4+) and works fine. In the documentation says that my device is supported:

Supported Devices

Wikitude SDK is working on devices fulfilling the following requirements:

Android 2.2, SDK=8 (but running way faster on Android 4+ )

Compass

GPS and / or network positioning

Accelerometer

High resolution devices (hdpi) with at least dual core preferred (may lag on others)

Rear-facing camera

OpenGL 2.0

I use Eclipse to develop, and with ADV device with Android 4+ the application not close, but the camera not work (i can't emulate the camera with my webcam).

any idea?. Thanks and sorry for my poor english.

Hi there!

Unfortunately your Galaxy ACE is not supported as it is single core and has no large screen.
You may check features before entering AR-Features within your app or even block these devices in the manifest

<supports-screens android:smallScreens="false" android:normalScreens="false" android:largeScreens="true" android:anyDensity="true" android:xlargeScreens="true" />

Concerning ADV: Wikitude SDK uses lots of features incl. openGL, separate cam-rendering, sensor values etc. so you have to run your implementation on real device.

Kind regards,
Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment