Start a new topic

POI distance shift on iOS

POI distance shift on iOS

Hi,

I'm using Wikitude SDK (3.1) to display POIs and I have a problem on iOS : 

On Android, markers are adapted in size (closer markers are bigger) and in height (closer markers are higher) 

Problem is that markers are only adapted in size on iOS (they are all on the horizon, with some bigger than others) 

Any clue as to why this is happening ?

PS : The altitude is fixed at 200 and the code is identical on both platforms (PhoneGap app)

Thanks for the input..

Ben

Hi,

when you set a altitude of 200, then it looks to me that everything is working as expected on iOS. Your markers change the size accordingly to the distance and should only appear higher when they are located at a higher altitude. So when you set a altitude of 200, every marker has to be on the same height on the screen. 

We will have a look at this and I will give you more information afterwards.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi,

Well, in real life, two object with the same altitude do not appear at the same height if they are more or less distant. (Example : You have to look higher for the same tower top when you are at the bottom than looking from 1km distance...) so I expect it should be the same in wikitude.

I'll try and debug as much as I can.

Best,

Ben

Hi,

Here is a test I did :

- I fixed the position in WikitudePlugin.js to some value.

- Added three AR.GeoLocation with exactly the same longitude as the position and different lattitudes (all south of the position)

Here is the result :

On Android :

As you can see, the size is adapted, but also the height of items (the closer the higher)

Here is the result on iOS :

The closer item is hidding all items.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Ben

Hi,

Could you give me some feedback on this issue ?

This is a real problem because I would like to do some clustering but since the two platform do not act the same the experience will be really different...

Ben

Hi,

can you send us a sample ARchitect world which demostrates your problem? (please don't forget to send us you lat/lon values in order to be able to test it with your position)

Please send the files with a few lines desccription to ios-sdk@wikitude.com.

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment