Start a new topic

Cordova 2.9 WikitudePlugin.java removeArchitectView() onPause bug

Cordova 2.9 WikitudePlugin.java removeArchitectView() onPause bug

Greetings,

I am pretty sure that I already mentioned that phonegap plugin is not working right. I've checked the latest versions with latest phonegap builds from github as well. I already mentioned that I've tryed the samples and they are also not working right all the times just you to know. So the problem is:

phone model: galaxy s3, galaxys4, galaxy s2

android ver: 4.0, 4.0.3, 4.22 ....

cordova version: 2.9

wikitude sdk: 3.0

the problem:

on wikitudeplugin.java file; 

private void pluginLifecycleWorkaround() {

try {

Thread.sleep(300);

} catch (InterruptedException e1) {

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e1.printStackTrace();

}

}

/**

* hides/removes ARchitect-View completely

* @return true if successful, false otherwise

*/

private boolean removeArchitectView() {

if ( this.architectView != null ) {

pluginLifecycleWorkaround();

/* fake life-cycle calls, because activity is already up and running */

this.architectView.onPause();

pluginLifecycleWorkaround();

this.architectView.onDestroy();

Problem:

1- User opens application

2- There are some other elements around in mainActivity (phonegap)

3- User taps AR button

4- System show the pois around (geoloc)

5- User looks at around to see pois

6- User taps device's "back" button

7- Wikitudeplugin type java object sleeps thread twice and in between onPause and onDestroy methods triggered

8- System shows the mainActivity view

9- Nothing can be usable after that time.

Cause: when onPause method gets triggered (it is in private wikitude jar file so there is no definition) something happens. When it gets // mark, everything works alright, however trying to use AR once more gives: 

09-09 18:06:49.596: A/libc(21705): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000000 (code=1), thread 22441 (Thread-4223) or sometimes it goes out from the application with crash report. 

Explanation once more: Whenever I push back button, every time wikitude plugin crashes the whole application. However if I only mark the this.architectView.onPause();  row (not to be executed), back button works correctly and nothing crashes. But this time when I activate Wikitude AR once more, camera opens but black screen appears. Since the architectView is inside of your private jar, I cannot go further to see where the bug happens. These codes are there in github since 1 month or more and crash happens all the time when you try to use phonegap wikitude plugin. There is no bug info, no fix and you were suggesting either to use sample codes (which were also poorly written and had the same bug whenever you embed anything explicitly on the index html page of sample)  or to buy the license. The company which I am working at bought one license and planning to buy one more for future future projects, however that bug is still there, whenever a function fires onPause() it happens all the time and we started project on cordova 2.9...

Hi. Did you find the solution for this problem?

When i press back button, I also get this error with another thread number and Uncaught ReferenceError: AR is not defined at null:1

But I don't use phonegap.

thank you.

Bela

For later versions of Wikitude I didn't try, unfortunately for the version I mentioned I couldn't see any fix yet and problem still persist even though I tryed to reach them with mails countless of times. thread.sleep() with random number (e.g. 200, 300 hmm 500 should be sufficient) is not a thread safe solution as every dev can easily realize. 
Login or Signup to post a comment