Start a new topic

Crashing in Wikitude Rendering Thread

Crashing in Wikitude Rendering Thread

Hi!

We have a tab bar controller with two tabs. One tab is a view controller that contains an architect view and the other is a map view controller. After toggling the tabs several times the app will crash (sometimes almost immediatly, sometimes it is stable for a while). It consitantly crashes in the renderqueue. The update alpha or draw logo (currently evaluating trial) are the calls being exectued in the rendering thread when it crashes. 

The architect view is initailized in viewdidload. ViewDidAppear and ViewDidDispear call start and stop on the architectview. This is consitant on an iPhone 5 and 4S with the latest 3.0 SDK version. 

Any thoughts on how to solve this? Below are the three common crashes. Thank you!

Hi,

does the issue also occur if you start/stop the Wikitude SDK view in -/-?

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas - Thanks for the response. I moved the start/stop into WillAppear and WillDisappear and the renderqueue crashes continue to happen. Any more sugestions on what I can try? Please let me know if I can provide any more information. Thanks!

Hi,

Are you alloc/dealloc a new view everytime you switch between the different tabs? 

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas - No, it is set up like a normal tab view controller. 

Hi,

OK, I meant the WTArchitectView. Are you alloc/dealloc a new WTArchitectView everytime you switch to the AR tab?

Best 

Andreas

Hi Mark,

How is it going with the Wikitude SDK? Are you still having troubles?

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment