Start a new topic

KML displaying as plain text

KML displaying as plain text

Hi,

I created a new world and uploaded a KML file obtained using the google maps tool. When I check out my world on the Wikitude app, the data values of the KML are displayed as plaintext instead of being rendered as overlays. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

Hi Kevin,

Please provide us with the details to your World (developer key, name, etc) so we can test this internally. Also please let us know where your test location is (lat, long) so we can use these lat, long values for testing.

Just send over the data via forumwikitude.com

Nicola

Dear Kevin,

As investigation into our systems it seems that the World has been created as an ARchitect World.

If you have a KML file then you can submit it as a KML World. You might be interested also to look at our ARML solution.

Eventually, if you need to create an ARchitect world then you need to code it through HTML, JS and CSS. Referer to this page as starting point.

Thanks for your interest in Wikitude.

Have a nice day,

Simone

Hi Simone,

Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to create a Wikitude AR world to display POIs using PhoneGap. Is there a list of relevant documents that I should look at? I can't find a tutorial about creating an ARchitect world in the documentation and I'm having a hard time understanding the example on GitHub.

This is my current code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/cordova.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/WikitudePlugin.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">

document.addEventListener("deviceready", function() {    
        try {
            function successLoad(result) {
                alert("success");
            }
            function errorLoad() {
                alert("error");
            }
            WikitudePlugin.loadARchitectWorld(successLoad, errorLoad, "http://arlink.wikitude.com?dk=MYDEVKEY");

} catch (err) {
            alert(err.toString());
        }
        }, false);

</script>

I understand that the world should be created using js and html in the project but I'm not sure how to do so. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kevin

EDIT: I'm using the sample code given with the Android SDK and I receive the following error when I run it with PhoneGap: context.cordova is undefined.

context.cordova.require('cordova/channel').onPluginsReady.fire();

Hi Kevin!

You're mixing different approaches.

ARLink is meant for launching the World you published inside Wikitude via your own app. It will launch the Wikitude app if installed.
Your published world can be KML or HTML/JS - The Wikitude app will take care of a proper representation/conversion.

I guess you want to show your own POI data which you have in e.g. KML format inside a phoneGap app.
In that case you should prepare your POI data in a JSON format and request them inside the ARchitect part. In case you have a great number of places best practice is to handle returning of closest places server-side (compare HelloWorld POI-fetching sample).

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Andreas

Login or Signup to post a comment