Start a new topic

Help to include wikitude into titanium project

Help to include wikitude into titanium project

Seems like you are experiencing the same problem as listed futher up in the thread. Did you try any of the solutions given above?

Hi chung,

Can you please tel me how to fix the ios error below. 

:  ** BUILD FAILED **

:  The following build commands failed:

:  Ld build/Debug-iphonesimulator/ModuleSamples.app/ModuleSamples normal i386

:  (1 failure)

Thanks in advance....

Hi Simone,
can you post the verbose log output of Titanium Studio so that we can see what the linker complains about?

Best regards
Andreas

Ok i have installed the module only for my project , Titanium can found it and the Android version work fine but the iphone module give the same problem as before.

Hi,
Here is the official Appcelerator documentation: How to install Titanium Modules.

Best regards
Andreas

Sorry but i'm a noob with TI what i need to do to solve the problem ? How can i install only the module for the single project ?

Hi Andreas,

I completely understand. Once upon a time when I was a TiDev newbie, adding modules to the global directory was a godsend because of ease of use amongst shared projects - I also got used to extracting *all* modules and implementing them this way.

However, I'm all grown up now and usually extract to the project root directory to avoid any conflicts with other modules.

This is how I became aware of the issue related to this forums post. Hope it helps clear up the **Build Failed** issue for some people.

Many thanks

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for pointing me to the link, I was always referring to this one.

I guess that most Modules also don't depend on any other library/framework than standard iOS ones, so there is no more configuration to be done since the iOS frameworkd don't require a specific search path.

So thanks again for your reply, I will keep it in mind for the next SDK/Module update which should be public in Q1 or maybe  there will be a seperate Module release.

Best regards
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

It's not a problem as such, just that TiDev's (mainly newbies - sorry folks) who download modules from the Appcelerator Marketplace are instructed to extract the .zip to their global module directory as explained here - modules usually then run 'out of the box', they will be unaware to change the paths in the module.xcconfig file.

Many thanks

Craig

Hi Craig,
I wasn't aware of the fact that TiDev's prefer to use the global installation of modules. As long as two framework search paths will not result in unnecessary linker warnings, I will include both paths in the future to make the Wikitude Module integration as smooth as possible.

Are you aware of any additional possibility to include modules in the Titanium World (Studio)?

Best regards
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Yes that's what I figured but this confuses quite a few Titanium Developers as we are used to extracting the .zip to our global module directory, for example: /Users//Library/Application Support/Titanium/modules/iphone etc..

It was only really figured out when using Xcode... which is never a pleasant experience to us TiDev's ;)

All working ok for me now apart from the Video examples.

Hi,

Thanks Craig for pointing this out!

The Wikitude Module is supposed to be dragged into a existing project and then extracted inside the project. If you install the module 'globally' on your machine, it might be necessary to edit the search path for the Wikitude SDK since it's reference is configured for a local project usage.

Best regards
Andreas

I experienced the same issue. It seems each scenario is slightly different but the way I fixed it was by:

Find the module.xcconfig file situated within the com.wikitude.ti directory where you extracted the module .zip file. Edit the line below to match where the framework and your TiSDK version is located on your machine:

-F$(SRCROOT)/../../modules/iphone/com.wikitude.ti/3.2.1/platform/iphone

For example, I put it in a /Framework directory and altered the module.xcconfig file to match:

-F/Users/hardbyte/Documents/Titanium Studio\ Workspace/WikitudeTest/Framework

Don't forget to clean build etc..

http://developer.appcelerator.com/question/154093/using-wikitude-in-titanium

Hi All,

This is the error that I have after activate trace log:

:      cd /Users/fpassa/Documents/Titanium/WikitudSamples/WikitudeTitaniumSample/build/iphone

:      setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 6.0

:      setenv PATH "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/git/bin"

:      /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -arch i386 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator7.0.sdk -L/Users/fpassa/Documents/Titanium/WikitudSamples/WikitudeTitaniumSample/build/iphone/build/Debug-iphonesimulator -L/Users/fpassa/Documents/Titanium/WikitudSamples/WikitudeTitaniumSample/build/iphone/lib -L/Users/fpassa/Documents/Titanium/WikitudSamples/WikitudeTitaniumSample/modules/iphone/com.wikitude.ti/3.2.1 -F/Users/fpassa/Documents/Titanium/WikitudSamples/WikitudeTitaniumSample/build/iphone/build/Debug-iphonesimulator -filelist /Users/fpassa/Documents/Titanium/WikitudSamples/WikitudeTitaniumSample/build/iphone/build/ModuleSamples.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/ModuleSamples.build/Objects-normal/i386/ModuleSamples.LinkFileList -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -ObjC -F$ /Library/Application Support/Titanium/modules/iphone/com.wikitude.ti/3.2.1/platform/iphone -lc++ -lsqlite3 -lz -ObjC -framework AssetsLibrary -framework CoreMedia -framework CoreMotion -framework CoreVideo -framework Security -framework iAd -framework WikitudeSDK -F$ /Library/Application Support/Titanium/modules/iphone/com.wikitude.ti/3.2.1/platform/iphone -lc++ -lsqlite3 -lz -ObjC -framework AssetsLibrary -framework CoreMedia -framework CoreMotion -framework CoreVideo -framework Security -framework iAd -framework WikitudeSDK -weak_framework iAd -fobjc-link-runtime -Xlinker -no_implicit_dylibs -stdlib=libstdc++ -mios-simulator-version-min=6.0 -weak_framework CoreText -framework EventKit -framework EventKitUI -weak_framework Security -licucore -framework Foundation -weak_framework UIKit -framework CoreGraphics -weak_framework AddressBook -framework AddressBookUI -framework CFNetwork -framework CoreLocation -weak_framework MapKit -framework MessageUI -framework MobileCoreServices -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework SystemConfiguration -lsqlite3 -lz -framework AudioToolbox -weak_framework MediaPlayer -framework AVFoundation -lxml2 -framework StoreKit -lTiCore -lcom.wikitude.ti -framework ExternalAccessory -ltiverify -lti_ios_debugger -lti_ios_profiler -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/fpassa/Documents/Titanium/WikitudSamples/WikitudeTitaniumSample/build/iphone/build/ModuleSamples.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/ModuleSamples.build/Objects-normal/i386/ModuleSamples_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/fpassa/Documents/Titanium/WikitudSamples/WikitudeTitaniumSample/build/iphone/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/ModuleSamples.app/ModuleSamples

:  clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Library/Application'

:  clang: error: no such file or directory: 'Support/Titanium/modules/iphone/com.wikitude.ti/3.2.1/platform/iphone'

:  clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Library/Application'

:  clang: error: no such file or directory: 'Support/Titanium/modules/iphone/com.wikitude.ti/3.2.1/platform/iphone'

:  ** BUILD FAILED **

:  The following build commands failed:

:  (1 failure)

I've also checked the path indicated and I already have the framework there, but Titanium(Xcode Link) seems that library can't be found. Any idea?

/Library/Application Support/Titanium/modules/iphone/com.wikitude.ti/3.2.1/platform/iphone/WikitudeSDK.framework

Regards,

Flavio

Thanks for the reply.

The only way that I managed to run this sample in iOS simulator was to manually add the Framework to xcode project and run it from there. However I can't run it from Titanium IDE directly due its error.

On the other hands, even when I add the -framework iAd declartive in the module.xcconfig, every time that I hit Run on Titanium, of course, it replaces this file with the standard one without the iAd.

So, do I add the iAd framework in Titanium IDE in order to avoid this problem? How should I do that (where do I add it)?

Thanks and regards,

Flavio
Login or Signup to post a comment