Start a new topic

Using Vuforia's Frame markers in wikitude or SDK.

Using Vuforia's Frame markers in wikitude or SDK.

Vuforia has a set of frame markers in their SDK which allow you to track with a very uninvasive image.  Are these available in wikitude or in the SDK? 

https://developer.vuforia.com/resources/dev-guide/creating-frame-marker-target

Hello,

the frame markers you are referring to are currently not available through the Wikitude SDK.

What do you want to accomplish and is there a specific reason you want to use them instead of the image tracking approach via natural features that work without any artificial markers?

Best regards,

Nicolas

I'm doing this for a shirt, and I need to detect a very simple logo.  Vuforia will not detect my logo, and I cannot add a complex image to the shirt since it would look ugly.  I could add a frame, since the vuforia frames are simpler, and non invasive (http://imgur.com/gQigwzW)

Is there any workaround you can think of? 

You are right, plain logos often are very hard to detect for the image recognition algorithms.

As a workaround I would suggest adding some textured areas with high local contrast that complement your logo and that the IR algorithm can pick up and track.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Thanks Nicolas, but I'm afraid that tis will be too sloppy we want a clean shirt.  The other issue is that we can't print in too many colors as it will be very simple.  Is there, or will there be a possibility of using the marker frames? Is there anything I can do codewise to use them? Or a better workaround?

Even the ability to use a QR Code (or any simple two color marker) as a marker would help.  But they'll get a 0 star rating.

Hi,

we are constantly improving the image recognition algorithms included in our SDK to support as many use cases as possible, but I am sorry to say that the requested feature is not available yet. Support for markers / QR codes is currently under discussion, however I do not have a specific release date that I could share. 

I would suggest to check the release notes of the upcoming SDK versions for additions regarding that subject.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Login or Signup to post a comment