Start a new topic

How can I get the relative location of a trackable 2d object?

How can I get the relative location of a trackable 2d object?

I'm trying to find the location of trackable 2d object with respect to another trackable 2d object, but I can't find any methods/api calls that allow me to find the location.  I can only find out whether it is visible, but that's it.  Am I missing something? 

I'm looking for something that would give me x,y,z coordinates.  Perhaps in relation to the phone?  Or to another marker? I want to have two animations from separate markers interact with each other. 

Hello,

It depends if you animate a Drawable2D with a property animation or a 3d model. In the developer reference the properties you can access are listed. In case you use a Drawable2D probably the offset is the property you are looking for. If you use a 3d model then have a look at the translate properties. There is no such function which would return a vector of one object in relation to another one.

Christian

Thanks Christian.  I'm aware of the offset and translate functions, but what I'm looking for is a way to get objects to interact.

> There is no such function which would return a vector of one object in relation to another one.

Not even in relation to the phone?

The drawables are painted with HTML right? and positions are given in x and y, correct? if this is done over the html view, could I get the x, y, position /rotation of those elements and the size and figure out the position? The information should be there right? Or is that part handled out of the html and in the phone?

Is this in the roadmap? Or is there a workaround? 

Thanks! 

Daniel

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you completely. If I understand you right then you would like to add two trackables to your world which are both recognized in the same view. And additionally you would like to get to know the position of both trackables in the view.

Currently we support image recognition of one target only. If you have multiple targets you can switch from one trackable to the other but you won't see both at the same time. This makes your original question obsolete since you won't see both augmentations at the same time.

(Just a side info: drawables are not painted in HTML, they are rendered with OpenGL on the device)
Login or Signup to post a comment