Start a new topic

no method 'callAsync'

no method 'callAsync'

Hi,

I am a very new user of the Wikitude SDK 2.0 for Android. I have been trying to use AR with PhoneGap 2.5 and 2.6 with the latest github plugin. For both above PhoneGap versions, and I think 2.6 is mainly bug fixes, I seem to be getting this 'no callAsync' error. A simple 'console.log' could drigger it, if I push the button that calls it 'too fast'. Here is the code that I would like to work:

console.log("Radar Begin");

var r = new AR.ImageResource("radar.png");

console.log("Continue");

AR.radar.background = r;

AR.radar.positionX = 0.1;

AR.radar.positionY = 0.1;

AR.radar.width = 0.4;

AR.radar.centerX = 0.5;

AR.radar.centerY = 0.5;

AR.radar.radius = 0.5;

AR.radar.northIndicator.image = new AR.ImageResource("north_arrow.png");

AR.radar.northIndicator.radius = 0.4;

AR.radar.onClick = function(){ AR.logger.info('radar was clicked');};

var geoLocation = new AR.RelativeLocation(null, 100, 0, 0);

var radarCircle = new AR.Circle(0.05, {style: {fillColor: '#83ff7b'}});

var geoObject = new AR.GeoObject(geoLocation, {drawables: {cam: markerDrawable, radar: radarCircle}});

AR.radar.enabled = true;

console.log(JSON.stringify(AR.radar));

console.log("Radar Loaded");

And here is the Eclipse log starting from when I go into AR from PhoneGap:

04-17 17:30:00.885: E/libEGL(28752): called unimplemented OpenGL ES API

04-17 17:30:00.885: W/Adreno200-ES20(28752): <glHint:90>: GL_INVALID_ENUM

04-17 17:30:00.915: E/Web Console(28752): Uncaught ReferenceError: AR is not defined at null:1

04-17 17:30:00.965: E/Web Console(28752): Uncaught TypeError: Object has no method 'callAsync' at file:///android_asset/world/:41

04-17 17:30:04.038: D/dalvikvm(28752): GC_CONCURRENT freed 1417K, 16% free 10259K/12140K, paused 3ms+1ms, total 29ms

04-17 17:30:06.601: E/Web Console(28752): Uncaught TypeError: Object has no method 'callAsync' at file:///android_asset/world/:41

04-17 17:30:12.817: I/Web Console(28752): Radar Begin at file:///android_asset/world/:92

04-17 17:30:12.827: E/Web Console(28752): Uncaught TypeError: Object has no method 'callAsync' at file:///android_asset/world/:41

04-17 17:30:13.418: D/dalvikvm(28752): GC_CONCURRENT freed 385K, 4% free 10259K/10672K, paused 3ms+2ms, total 28ms

04-17 17:30:18.573: E/Web Console(28752): Uncaught TypeError: Object has no method 'callAsync' at file:///android_asset/world/:41

04-17 17:30:19.915: D/DroidGap(28752): Paused the application!

04-17 17:30:19.915: D/CordovaWebView(28752): Handle the pause

04-17 17:30:19.985: E/libEGL(28752): call to OpenGL ES API with no current context (logged once per thread)

04-17 17:30:20.125: W/IInputConnectionWrapper(28752): showStatusIcon on inactive InputConnection

The code doesn't get past ImageResource creation.

Hi Pavel,

Please have a look at the provided phoneGap samples first.
You find all information around set-up and concept in the *.md files.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Thanks, I think that's exactly what I did. I started from the 'HelloWorld' sample. My 'AR' is loading from phonegap. I can communicate back to phonegap using the 'architectsdk://'.

I have all the latest versions of files:

./libs/wikitudesdk.jar
./bin/classes/com/wikitude/phonegap/WikitudePlugin.class
./bin/dexedLibs/wikitudesdk-f786efbc44c7fc64728d7d6b8ef53738.jar
./src/com/wikitude/phonegap/WikitudePlugin.java
./assets/www/js/lib/WikitudePlugin.js

What crucial step do you think I am missing in order to generate the 'callAsync' error?

Not sure if this is of any relevance, but in Eclipse, going to the res/layout/main.xml generates some errors in 'Graphical Layout':

See the Error Log (Window > Show View) for more details.

Tip: Use View.isInEditMode() in your custom views to skip code when shown in Eclipse

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView.a(    at com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView.a(    at com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView.<init>(    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:-2)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)

at com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.editors.layout.ProjectCallback.instantiateClass(ProjectCallback.java:422)

at com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.editors.layout.ProjectCallback.loadView(ProjectCallback.java:179)

at android.view.BridgeInflater.loadCustomView(BridgeInflater.java:207)

at android.view.BridgeInflater.createViewFromTag(BridgeInflater.java:135)

at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflate_Original(LayoutInflater.java:746)

at android.view.LayoutInflater_Delegate.rInflate(LayoutInflater_Delegate.java:64)

at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflate(LayoutInflater.java:718)

at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:489)

at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:372)

And the log error is "com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView failed to instantiate"

It's probably unrelated, because the ArchitectView seems to load fine from phonegap in the actual app.

Hi again,

Sorry for delayed response.

Maybe I didn't get you right: You are using Wikitude's Android PhoneGap plugin and defining the architectView in a layout.xml?

PhoneGap plugin is here to reduce native implementation to a minimum.
Please have a closer look at the provided sample app.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Hi,

Thanks for replying. No, I'm not using layout.xml for anything. It's just that every Android project has one, and clicking it in Eclipse generated some errors.

I started from the sample project. Having a sample project doesn't help, but I would like to know what is wrong. Could you tell me anything at all about this error? Is it related to internals of wikitude.jar, in what kind of situations would it happen?

Hi again,

Could you please tell me on which device you're testing and have a look at related forum entries.

Regards,
Andreas

Thanks for the link, I'll make sure to follow these for radar, however, I think my problem is not radar specific. 

My development phone is Nexus 4, Android 4.2.1

Hi Pavel,

I am getting same error on Nexus 4, Android 4.2.1 Do you got any solution around this. Kindly help me if you find any solution.

Thank You

Hi there!

Could you please check if you have latest SDK 3.0 installed? If not ensure your targetSDK version is below 17 due to some changes in the Android SDK (WebView).

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the reply. But the sampleARBrowser project which comes with the SDK is working fine in the same device.

Regards

Ravi Tamada
Login or Signup to post a comment