Start a new topic

How to take a screenshot or take a photo with AR object?

How to take a screenshot or take a photo with AR object?

1 person has this problem

Is there any method already available in current SDK ? Cannot find it in documentation. Thanks.

Currently we don't offfer such a method. If you are interested in a screenshot, the platforms' default methods allow you to capture the whole screen, but you won't be able to process it within your application.

Ok, i implemented snapshot it works. But is there a way to take snapshot without other html elements on page?

For instance i have header and snapshot button that i don't want to show in final image.

When i tried this about a year ago, there wasn't an option on Cordova SDK. 

Can i take now Screenshots from Cordova SDK?

Hi,

Yes there is - please check the sample app - it's in the 'Browsing POIs - Capture Screen Bonus'

Greetings

Nicola

Thanks, that's graeat. 

Does it work on both iOS and Android?

Yes.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi,

It is mentioned that we can now take screenshots with the SDK 3.2, but how to do that in Android ?

Thank you very much.

Vincent

Hi,

check out the Android example "Browsing POIs" in the Android documenation where chapter 6 provides details on how to implement the screenshot feature. This should give you a first idea. Additionally, the source code for Android for this sample is included in the Wikitude SDK (Examples > src...): check out SampleCamCaptureScreenActivity.java

Hi,

Can you recommend a way to take a screenshot in Android and get the AR world view? All we get now is a black screen.

We think it's because you draw to an OpenGL surface, the normal Android screengrab method doesn't pick up the OpenGL view. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Login or Signup to post a comment