Start a new topic

Some features don't appear in my World

Some features don't appear in my World

Like before, I have a world that does not work (DevKey = xmlmggn), although it has the same exact content than your world (DevKey = azshppz). Remeber that your World works.

But I have another world that is the same except that we removed all attachment (DevKey = eglovoc) and it works.

Hi Jordan,

I'm sorry I forgot to ask the most important question: Which Wikitude version is installed? And, are you able to provide us with the exact latitude & longitude of your position ?

Then, let' start with a basic use case and rules for our tests:

a. First of all, tests the results of two worlds just using their developer keys. Keep present that the developer key might change after a field update in the DevZone. E.g. if you change description or language then the developer key might change.

b. Keep your Worlds in Draft mode and test them through their developer key. If we test one world in draft mode and the other in public mode avoiding to use the dev key then you can experience a difference in the results.  This is because when a World is pushed in Public mode then it is not immediately visible. In fact, our systems need some time to involve a "newly" published world into the public flow.

Now, I've compared the two Worlds (azshppz and slrynol). The only difference I can see is in their status: one is in draft mode and the other in public mode. As soon as you test through the dev keys then the results on the map should be the same.

I'll update you as soon as we have some good feedback from our tests. In the meantime, do you have any change to test also on an other smartphone?

Thanks, Simone

Hi Simone.

Do you have any news about the problem? Maybe I'l have to remove some/all attachments?

I should be running my world soon to an educational act.

Thanks a lot.

Jordi.

Hi Jordi,

Did you have the opportunity to go trough the suggestion of my previous message?

Here, we are still not able to reproduce your situation since the Point of Interests are visible on our device.

It might help if you could send us your exact coordinates described as latitude and longitude, e.g. (40.447992,-3.716125). 

Thanks,

Simone

Hello Simone.

I did what you said me. I explain you the tests.

"Your" world azshppz is still working fine. I can see all 22 Placemarks Within the ARML file.

I tested my world, xmlmggn (named V20) and, wich is exactly the same as "your":
- In mode status = "Published": I can see only 10 Placemars (of 22)
- I changed to status = "Draft" and it says me than "Developer key is invalid"

I tested another world of mine, eglovoc, wich is exactly the same as the other except I take off all the attachments tags, and:
- In mode status = "Published": I can see all of the 22 Placemars!
- I changed to status = "Draft" and it says me than "Developer key is invalid"

I test both worlds very near from POIs, approx. 41.188160, 1.575963

I am testing it on Android 2.3.6 and wikitude 7.7. But I tested the worlds on an iPhone5, and I've got the same results.

I'm very grateful

Jordi.

Hi Jordi,

No news on this topic. Our tests worked fine and didn't reported any anomalies in regards to the search algorithms.

I would underline that due to internal calculations, only the x nearest POIs will be visible in some occasions.

Regarding the developer key issue:

Did you delete your Worlds? There are not Worlds with devKey  "xmlmggn" and "eglovoc" in the system.

When you have to present your project?

Cheers,

Simone

Hi Simone.

I have not deleted my worlds. I just changed the status from Published to Draft publication, but I should do something more! It's crazy and I'm sorry.

The old DevKey xmlmggn (called V20) corresponds to the current ubydkoy. It's just like your world (azshppz) that works because I downloaded the xml from editing. I changed to Published again and I have benn able to see what happens:

I went in front of POI id=6 (1.569835,41.186684 aprox.) and I could see the POIs next around in 300 meters aprox. I walked to the POI id=7 (1.562923,41.186131) and I could not the that POI. I left my World (ubydkoy) and still did not see it. I had to completely exit and restart wikitude and enter in my World again, and only then I saw the POI correctly (and the other POIs next arround).

I moved to another POI id=9 (1.579188,41.187584) and it happened exactly the same.

The other old DevKey eglovoc (called V20C) corresponds to the current dizhgoi, which is exactly the same as the other, except I remove all attachments. I changed to Published again and I could see all the Placemarks, any time any place.

I have to present my project on the 11th.

You think that I must remove all attachments? Or some? Or leave only one attachment by Placemark, for example?

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Jordi,

Thanks for your tests: they show an interesting scenario which worth to be investigated. I'll forward a note internally !

In the meantime, having seen the outcome of your tests, I would suggest you to proceed with a World without attachments.

Have a nice day,

Simone

Thanks Simone.

I am going to create a World with only few attachments.

And I'll be waiting for the arml version 2.0. Sure it'll work.
Login or Signup to post a comment