Start a new topic

Android 4.1.2 HtmlDrawable does not appear

Android 4.1.2 HtmlDrawable does not appear

Hello guys.

I've been working on a test AR app for Android,and I am testing the app on multitude of devices with Android 2.3 and Android 4.1.2.

What the app does is that in an AsyncTask it reads data from a database via a REST service,packs it in a JSON format and then sends it back to tha Architect world via architectView.callJavascript().The Asynctask call looks something like this:

private class MessagesFetcher extends AsyncTask<Void, String, String> {

@Override

protected String doInBackground(Void... arg) {

return ServiceCalls.getMessages("message");

}

@Override

protected void onPostExecute(String result) {

architectView.callJavascript("newData(" + result + ");");

}

}

On 2.3 devices,the app works like a charm,but on the 4.1.2 (Nexus S) the objects are loaded into the world (I can see the HTML being printed out in the logcat,and also the coordinates are being transfered to the world) but the HTML objects do not show.Everything else is OK (the DB,the service,the call,the data fetched). I also tested the basic example of wikitude,and it works fine.Also tested the HtmlDrawables built by my CSS and HTML in a separate app where I'm simply showing the drawables in a relative view.

I am using ActionbarSherlock library for the actionbars, wikitude SDK 2.0 and compiling the app for Android 4.1.2.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you could render,

Best regards,

Gazmend. 

Hello Guys, it's me again.

I found the reason (and the solution) for the issue at hand and thought of sharing it here,just so that if someone else gets in the same situation,I might save them some time and trouble.

It seems that while using the following setting in manifest:

<uses-sdk

android:minSdkVersion="10"

android:targetSdkVersion="17" />

the HTMLDrawables are not showing.I tested this on a sample AR project in the following manner:

1. Imported and compiled the project for 

<uses-sdk

android:maxSdkVersion="13"

android:minSdkVersion="8"

android:targetSdkVersion="8" />

Everything worked fine,I could see the HTMLDrawables

2. Changed that ssection to 

<uses-sdk

android:minSdkVersion="10"

android:targetSdkVersion="17" />

The app stopped showing the Drawables.No exceptions were thrown.

Basically,the drawables were not showing for Android versions 14 and above.

The app was tested on Nexus S Jelly Bean.

I hope this helps other developers,or maybe even you guys if this shows up to be a bug.

Very best regards,

Gazmend.

Thanks! I spend a whole evening on why my app would not load...

Hi

I'm having the issue with     <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="9"   android:targetSdkVersion="16" />

switched to     <uses-sdk  android:minSdkVersion="9"  android:targetSdkVersion="13" />

and it finally works

HTML drawable rendering has been improved, these problems are solved with the upcoming SDK version to be released in the next weeks.
Login or Signup to post a comment