Start a new topic

Hello World sample app error

Hello World sample app error

Hi!

I would like to run the sample Wikitude HelloWorld PhoneGap app, but I always get error. This is the error:

03-27 09:49:43.502: E/libEGL(14332): called unimplemented OpenGL ES API

03-27 09:49:43.541: E/Web Console(14332): Uncaught ReferenceError: AR is not defined at null:1

03-27 09:50:46.197: E/libEGL(14332): call to OpenGL ES API with no current context (logged once per thread)

I refresh the PhoneGap plugin from 2.4 to 2.5 (the sample app contained the 2.4 PhoneGap plugin) and I use the latest Wikitude plugin.

I use Samsung Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.2.1.

What can I do? Please help me!

Thanks!

Lacos

Hi Laszlo!

You can ignore these logs, they belong to the initialization process of the AR-View.
Anyway, you should see a Label somewhere in the cam (northern horizont). Please turn around and ensure your compass is working properly.
Also check out the extended IR-Sample.
The Wikitude app is also based on the same SDK, do you have any issues with it too?

Kind regards,
Andreas

Dear Andeas!

Thank you for your answer!

The sample app hasn't worked yet. The logcat of Eclipse has written the mentioned error messages yet. I attached a screenshot, what I made from the running app.

You wrote it: "you should see a Label somewhere in the cam (northern horizont).", but I think that, the screenshot don't containt this Label. It's true? Did you test this sample on Android 4.2.1? I haven't got another version Android and I can't test it another phone, but I think it would work on any other Android. I think the problem is the 4.2.1 version Android. What do you think?

Thanks!

Lacos

Hello again,

Unfortunately there is no radar element in the sample so you can see if compass is working properly. We'll add one in upcoming version.

The button at the top is already an element defined in the ARchitect World -html file, so I guess you're having a compass issue.

Could you please download a compass app for android and calibrate the compass?
Afterwards launch the sample again and look around, you should see a "Hello World" label somewhere around you.

Kind regards,

Andreas

Dear Andreas,

Thank you very much for your help. The sample app works perfectly.

I only have one question. I would like to run the extended sample with vuforia image recognition. How can I test it? What should I see on the sceen? And do I need Vuforia, or is Wikitude able to recognise images too? I would like to make an elevator app that can write who on a certain floor is and I would like to get the buttons of the elevator recognised. Can I make it without Vuforia?

Kind regards,

Lacos

Hi Lacos,

Please have a look at the documentation of the phoneGap plugin.
You currently must have the Vuforia SDK in place and include *.so and *.jar files as described in the extended sample which augments the Wikitude Logo.

Please have a look at Vuforia documentation to find out how to create your own targets.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Dear Andeas,

Thank you for your help! The extend sample works too.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
Lacos

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use Hello World sample too.

But i get a callAsync error when i create a new AR.GeoLocation object.

I only added in the setupScene function these two lines:

var lat=43.818, lon=4.369, alt=10;

var geoloc=new AR.GeoLocation(lat,lon);

Hi Giraud,

Quite hard to guess the cause for that.
I recommend you to include the "ade.js" file of WikitudeSDK.zip so you can test your Experience/World-implementation on your desktop  machine first, compare this post.

Kind regards,
Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment