Start a new topic

Valid iOS license key not removing the watermark

Valid iOS license key not removing the watermark

Hi there,

I've just purchased a 200 user Wikitude license key to be used with my iOS app. I adapted the code contained within the SimpleARBrowserStoryboard sample project that is included with the SDK v2.0 download. Here's the code that I use to instantiate the WTArchitectView.

- (void)viewWillAppear:(BOOL)animated
{

;

if ( ) {

// because we're in viewDidAppear (which can get called more often when we switch views) we check if we already initialized the sdk view.
if (!didFinishArchitectInitialisation) {

// standard alloc/init with frame call for a uiView subclass
self.architectView = ;

// now we check do a quick check, if the current device supports the needs from the sdk view (see the documentation for more details)

// your device supports all the needs
// we can continue the initial setup

// initialize the sdk with your key

;

// we set the delegate from our sdk view to this view controller (see the documentation for more details about the delegate protocol)
self.architectView.delegate = self;

// add the sdk view as a subview to the view controllers view
;

// specify a url for the architect world. this can be a local resource from the bundle, or a web link
NSString *architectWorldURL = ;

// load the architect world
;

// now you can give your architect world more information on what it should display. We are converting our data model into a JSON string and put that string into a javascript function
NSString *jsonString = ;
NSString *javaScriptToCall = ;

// tell the sdk view to execute the javascript
;

didFinishArchitectInitialisation = YES;
}

// this call actually starts the camera and the sdk view update cycle.
;
}
}

This runs fine and the trial version xcode console message no longer comes up when I run the app on my iPhone. The problem is, the watermark is still being displayed.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks for the assistance,

Frank

Hi,

is any of the following disappearing?

- Wikitude animation when starting the AR View

- Wikitude icon in the corner of the AR View

When the watermark is displayed it usually means that there's a problem with the license key.

Please check:

- Is the bundle id the same that you registered with us

- Is the license key the full key received from us

- Is it correctly set when initializing the view

Thanks Wolfgang for the response,

I answer your questions below:

is any of the following disappearing?

- Wikitude animation when starting the AR View

This is appearing

- Wikitude icon in the corner of the AR View

This is appearing

Please check:

- Is the bundle id the same that you registered with us

I just programatically printed out the bundle ID when the app is running and I notice that the case is not the same as the bundle ID that I submitted. For example, I submitted com.franklynam.abcde and the actual bundle id is com.franklynam.aBCde

Is the check case sensitive?

- Is the license key the full key received from us

I just copied the license key in again - this time one line at a time just to be sure that no extra escape characters were coming in - and this time, the xcode console displays Application name not licensed, which leads me to suspect that the bundle ID might be the problem.

- Is it correctly set when initializing the view

See above.

Thanks,

Frank

the bundle ID is case sensitive and must be the same as the one registered. Please try again by changing the bundle id to the correct case.

Hi Wolfgang,

That's great. That sorts out my problem. The Wikitude icons are gone, as well as the watermark.

Thanks for the help,

Frank
Login or Signup to post a comment