Start a new topic

3D lighting and material

3D lighting and material

Lighting is already supported, however you won't be able to change just the position of the light. Transformations are currently applied on the complete loaded model scene. Additionally we are working on supporting animations exported from 3D modeling tools and will let developers know as soon as it is available.

I like the idea of matching lightning to the sun's direction and as we already discussed this idea internally a while back, we might provide this as built in functionality somewhen in the future.

If you can provide built-in sunlighting capability, that would be even better.  Less code for me to write.   :-)

Support for exporting 3D animations would also be great, and would open up lots of possibilities.

Thanks for your prompt answer, and thanks for Wikitude!

Sorry to come back to you only now. 

I had another look at the ambient light settings for Blender. I tested with the Wikitude3deEncoder 1.4 available via our download page and the settings I described in my previous post, and it works. 

Please make sure to apply the properties of the point light as shown below. The color point light source in Blender is then used as the ambient light of the scene in the Wikitude3dEncoder. 

Login or Signup to post a comment