Start a new topic

gpus_ReturnNotPermittedKillClient when Moving App to Background

gpus_ReturnNotPermittedKillClient when Moving App to Background

Hi,

I am using Wikitude 1.0.5 to devlop an iOS 6.1.1 app. Everything worked fine. However, I now wanted to track the users position even if the app has been moved to background. Therefore, I used something like:

- (void)applicationDidEnterBackground:(UIApplication *)application

{

; // stop the ARView

; // save the game

}

Furthermore, I've added "App registers for location updates" to the "Required background modes" setting. Now, when moving the app to the background, I get an gpus_ReturnNotPermittedKillClient Error (indicating that some OpenGL tasks are still running). 

The question is: am I doing something wrong here or is it simply not possible to implement an application that keeps track of the users position with Wikitude?

Best regards,

Christian

A brief update: this definitely seems to be a Wikitude API problem. If I comment out all the lines responsible for the initialization of the ARView, everything works fine...

Please, help!

Best regards,

Christian

As a general comment for projects which are using "App registers for location updates" - make sure to disable the comments in WTARBrowserViewController.m from the SimpleARBrowser project if you are using this setting. 

Comments are marked as follows:

/* NOTE: The following line of code is only required if you have add the "App registers for location updates" entry in your plist's Required background modes */
Login or Signup to post a comment