Start a new topic

how to create basic world with pois, radar and custom pin with phone gap

how to create basic world with pois, radar and custom pin with phone gap

Hi there!

Thanks for your interest. Please find answers in line

1) How can i remove the bar and "done" button, or how can i change language and the style of them?

You can customize the view by adjusting the html files in the sample project.

2) After i click "done", how can i reload the ar world?
Calling: app.deviceredy() or app.onDeviceIsReadyCallback() doenst work. Both (once a time) called from "orientation change" event.

I recommend you to create a "refresh" button inside the AR-html, and trigger content there.
You may e.g. request new data in JSON format from your server and update existing POI data in JS.

3) How can i add dynamic POI's to this world?

Instead of injecting static poi data you can e.g. update POIs in Location-Change callbacks, and update POI data every x meters (>100m recommended, due to GPS inaccuracy).

4) How can i:

a) custom png to be used as a virtua Pin

b) Put a label with the distance from the current to the point

c) add radar.

Please have a look at our documentation, here you find detailed information about all your questions.
E.g. Radar Tutorial, Geo-AR sample, Relative Locations, Custom Markers...

Kind regards,
Andreas

Hi

I'm waiting answers to get my project running with wikitude on another topic.

In this meanwhile i got the HelloWorld (phonegap) running. I would use this project to learn:

1) How can i remove the bar and "done" button, or how can i change language and the style of them?

2) After i click "done", how can i reload the ar world?
Calling: app.deviceredy() or app.onDeviceIsReadyCallback() doenst work. Both (once a time) called from "orientation change" event.

3) How can i add dynamic POI's to this world?

4) How can i:

a) custom png to be used as a virtua Pin

b) Put a label with the distance from the current to the point

c) add radar.

tks a lot!

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the answers. I got almost everything done perfectly, except:

1) i still see the dark gray bar and the button "done". couldn't found where these elementes are in helloworld.html

2) when clicking done the world is closed (i think) and then i could'nt reload it yet.

3) some prevision when the landscape update will be released?

Tks a lot.

Hi Allan,

We will release a update for our SDK & the PhoneGap Plugin within the next Week. Please note that the next SDK update supports only PhoneGap 2.4.

It adds Landscape support and doesn't contain the NavigationBar and the 'Done' button. Every developer is responsible to add appropriate controls to there world so that the AR View can be hidden or closed.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas, We use the latest SDK and PhoneGap 2.4, but we still got the "Done" button. Any suggestion? Thx.

Hi,

the 'done' button is not a phonegap element. It's from the WikitudePlugin. Please use the latest Wikitude SDK (2.0) and the latest Wikitude PhoneGap plugin.

Best regards

Andreas

Im so interested in how to add pois to my hellowword application, i have my helloworld app running but i can´t figure out what to do next, how do i cerate a custom POI and show it in the app?

thanks!

Hi there!

Please have a look at the various tutorials.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment