Start a new topic

ARchitect-World works on Android Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 but not on ZTE-SKATE

ARchitect-World works on Android Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 but not on ZTE-SKATE

1 person has this problem

Hi Andreas,

you're welcome.

best regards, Alex

Thanks a lot for the finding.

Could you please insert and sd-card for further development.
We'll store trackables in app-cache in next update.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Hi,

I did what you have suggested, but it didn't help.

But I think now I know what causes the error, when the Tracking-File (=ZIP-File) is being loaded in ZTE SKATE DEVICE, it throws an error on info level in Eclipse->Logcat:

02-07 16:43:13.490: I/ArchitectWebView(19248): start loading tracker with url:http://xy.com/tracking_file.zip
02-07 16:43:13.590: W/System.err(19248): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /mnt/sdcard/package.path.of.app/tracking_file.zip (Permission denied)

(please notice that I have changed domain name to xy.com on my own)

Is it possible that the Wikitude SDK downloads the tracking_file.zip to local storage?
The problem is that there is no SD-Card in the ZTE SKATE - so the wikitude sdk will never be able to write to /mnt/sdcard/.

Notice:
Of course I have added:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
to android manifest file.

The same code still works in Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.

best regards, Alex

Hi once again, 

Could you please try to delete the while armeabi-v7a directory and try if it works that way (so libExtensionVuforia.so and libQCAR.so are solely in the libs/armeabi directory)

Hope that helps.

If not please let me know

Hi Andreas,

thanks for your answer.
Yes we are using the latest wikitude PhoneGap Sources and Vuforia SDK.

To be precise:

- cordova-2.3.0
- Vuforia AR SDK v2.0.30
- Wikitude SDK 1.2
- Phonegap Extension 1.1.0

We've missed the armeabi-v7a folder - I have now added it to the project but it still does not work on ZTE-SKATE

I have now tested the basic and extended example:

- The basic example works fine on both devices (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and ZTE-SKATE)

- The extended example does not work on both devices, on ZTE-SKATE the message "Unable to load image or tracker!" is shown, on Samsung galaxy tab 2 the "Loading ..." message never disappear.

regards,
Alex

Hi Christian,

Quite strange behavior you're describing...
I guess you are using the very latest Wikitude PhoneGap sources, right? Also ensure to download latest Vuforia SDK.
Also make sure you set-up armeabi-libraries properly so you support also older chipsets/devices (see attached pic).
Do you have same issue when running sample IR (extended) / Geo (basic) Samples provided for Android?

Regards,
Andreas

Hello there,

we are developing a phonegap app with wikitude plugin.
Our test architect world works fine on iPhone, iPad and also on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (Android).

But when we start the ARchitect-World on ZTE-SKATE (with Android: 2.3.5) the "onError" function of AR.Tracker (where the tracking-image gets initialized in the ARchitect-World) is triggered.

Our question: How can we find out why the onError-functions gets triggered on that specific device?
Of course we have set up our app to check if the device is capable of running the Wikitude-Plugin:

WikitudePlugin.isDeviceSupported(app.onDeviceIsReadyCallback, app.onDeviceIsUnsupportedCallback);

But also on the ZTE-SKATE phone, the onDeviceIsUnsupportedCallback is not called.

Thanks for any help

best regards, Alex

Login or Signup to post a comment