Start a new topic

Unable to get the samples running

Unable to get the samples running

Hi everyone, I've just discovered Wikitude for phonegap and it seems to be a good option to create AR apps. I already did it through Unity but now I would like to build some with Phonegap.
I tried to get the sample HelloImageRecognition working but I think I have some issues, here are the logcat I assume to be wrong :

01-29 14:59:27.890: E/dalvikvm(23932): Could not find class 'android.webkit.WebResourceResponse', referenced from method com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectWebViewClient.shouldInterceptRequest

01-29 14:59:27.894: I/dalvikvm(23932): Could not find method android.webkit.WebViewClient.shouldInterceptRequest, referenced from method com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectWebViewClient.shouldInterceptRequest

01-29 14:59:35.859: I/ArchitectWebView(23932): Cannot load library: Cannot load library: load_library: Library '/data/data/com.wikitude.phonegapsamplehelloimagerecognition/lib/libExtensionVuforia.so' not found

01-29 14:59:38.253: E/Web Console(23932): Uncaught ReferenceError: AR is not defined at :1

01-29 14:59:44.796: E/libEGL(23932): called unimplemented OpenGL ES API

I read this guide https://github.com/Wikitude/wikitude-phonegap/blob/master/Android/README.md#setup---extended-plugin-incl-vuforia-imagerecognition-optional

the wikitude sdk is the 1.2 version

the vuforia sdk is the 2.0.30

I tried to get the sample run with the cordova 2.2.0 available on it (I also tried to code a HelloimageRecognition with PhoneGap 2.3.0 but get the same result)

The app is running on a Samsung Galaxy S with Android 2.3.6.

I can't figure out what I did wrong and why the app is not running correctly. So thanks by advance for your help.

In your res/xml/config.xml make sure that

<plugin name="WikitudePlugin" value="com.wikitude.phonegap.WikitudePluginVuforia"/>

is 

<plugin name="WikitudePlugin" value="com.wikitude.phonegap.WikitudePluginExtended"/>

I had a problem similar to this but the documentation was wrong for calling the plugin in android.

Hope it helps!

Yes, I've noticed the difference between the github guide and the Java Class.

The config.xml contains

<plugin name="WikitudePlugin" value="com.wikitude.phonegap.WikitudePluginExtended"/>

Hi there!

Could you please attach screenshot of your libs and libs/armeabi imports?
I guess you missed the *.so files here

Best regards;
Andi

I'm having a very similar problem to Jeremy's. I followed the directions on github for the Wikitude PhoneGap plugin, HelloImageRecognition, and always get this error in the WebConsole:

Uncaught ReferenceError: AR is not defined at null:1

All of the code runs fine until any of the AR objects are called in the SimpleIRWorld.html file. To verify, I started going through the tutorials on the Wikitude developers site. Tutorial 2: Head-Up Display works fine, but I encounter the same error when I try to run Tutorial 3: Create POI.

I'm using versions cordova-2.2.0, wikitude 1.1.1, and vuforia 2.0.30.

The app is running on a Google Nexus S 4G, running Android 4.1.1

Thanks

Hi John,

we'll publish a PhoneGap-plugin update next week which then supports latest Wikitude-sdk and PhoneGap 2.4.

Please let me know if you have the issue still after next week's update (on github).

Kind regards,
Andreas

Andreas,

Thanks for your effects, but I still have these bugs when running wikitude samples (Android 2.2, phonegap 2.5, latest wikitude sdk). 

Guys, is there anyone solved this issue?

Best regards.

Hi, I didn't work on Android Sample since I migrated my dev on iOS devices. Which works on iPad.

I'll keep you up if I try on Android again.

Hi again,

Could you please describe your issue a bit more in detail?
Are you not able to run any of the provided sample projects in our git repository?

In theory you solely need to download Wikitude SDK and latest Vuforia SDK (if using IR stuff), paste the files in your sample and you're done (detailed documentation available on github)

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Andreas

I'm getting this exact message.  I created my own project and copied the appropriate files and gave the appropriate permissions, and I also tried running the sample project directly (adding the files and renaming the config.xml to use the extended version).  I get these errors: 

W/System.err(21845): java.util.zip.ZipException: EOCD not found; not a Zip archive?

W/System.err(21845): at java.util.zip.ZipFile.readCentralDir(ZipFile.java:338)

W/System.err(21845): at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:132)

W/System.err(21845): at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:145)

W/System.err(21845): at a.b(Unknown Source)

W/System.err(21845): at com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectWebView$AsyncFileLoader.run(Unknown Source)

E/Web Console(20619): Uncaught ReferenceError: AR is not defined:1

E/Web Console(20619): Uncaught ReferenceError: didReceivedNewTextForLabel is not defined:1

I also get later on 

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): getCSCPackageItemText Failure retrieving text 0x7f04000f in package com.android.browser.BrowserActivity

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: String resource ID #0x7f04000f

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at android.content.res.Resources.getText(Resources.java:242)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at android.app.ApplicationPackageManager.getCSCPackageItemText(ApplicationPackageManager.java:736)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at android.content.pm.ComponentInfo.loadLabel(ComponentInfo.java:85)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.sec.CircleShortcutWidget$ShortcutItem.<init>(CircleShortcutWidget.java:776)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.sec.CircleShortcutWidget.setEachItem(CircleShortcutWidget.java:412)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.sec.CircleShortcutWidget.<init>(CircleShortcutWidget.java:356)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.sec.CircleLockScreen.<init>(CircleLockScreen.java:650)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.LockPatternKeyguardView.createLockScreen(LockPatternKeyguardView.java:1291)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.LockPatternKeyguardView.recreateLockScreen(LockPatternKeyguardView.java:945)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.LockPatternKeyguardView.updateScreen(LockPatternKeyguardView.java:1189)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.LockPatternKeyguardView.<init>(LockPatternKeyguardView.java:681)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.LockPatternKeyguardViewProperties.createKeyguardView(LockPatternKeyguardViewProperties.java:51)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.KeyguardViewManager.show(KeyguardViewManager.java:165)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.KeyguardViewMediator.handleShow(KeyguardViewMediator.java:1398)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.KeyguardViewMediator.access$1400(KeyguardViewMediator.java:107)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.KeyguardViewMediator$4.handleMessage(KeyguardViewMediator.java:1251)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

W/ApplicationPackageManager( 2020): at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService$PolicyThread.run(WindowManagerService.java:934)

Using node.js to debug just crashes the app so I'm not able to do much through there.  If I run the file from a browser, it runs perfectly fine (of course, it's running ade.js instead of architect.js).  I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

Hi there!

I presume you are using very latest sample app of phoneGap on github and have latest Wikitude SDK in place, right? You also use latest PhoneGap version and still get the issue?
If that is the case: Please wait some few days until PhoneGap 3.0 is announced, we'll update out Plugin then accordingly and retest the sample-app.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Hi, 

It's correct, I'm using the latest of everything. 

I am using it for an upcoming project, I don't think I can afford to wait too long, I was hoping to buy the license this week.

I also get the same problem with the non phone gap version.  It compiles but I get this: 

E/Web Console(10455): Uncaught ReferenceError: AR is not defined:1

It's a weird problem, I recently changed my cell phone, and I get that same error with my code in wikitude.  However, that code worked fine in other phones.  It doesn't always happen in other phones. 

It's a galaxy s3 mini.   I need to check if this happens in my previous android.  Any suggestions meanwhile as to how to debug? 
Login or Signup to post a comment