Start a new topic

Injecting Manual Compass Values

Injecting Manual Compass Values

Hi,

I am having troubles with the compass in the phone, the compass of phone deflects alot when I try to use it inside a building. I am assuming its because of the metal used which is interfering with the compass value. Can anyone tell me if there is any method or function I can access to inject my own compass values or anything like that. If anyone can point me towards right direction it would be really helpful.

Thanks 

Parvaz

Hi once again Parvaz ;-)

ARchitectedView does not allow you to inject dummy Compass values. Seems as if you have harware troubles. If re-calibration (the famous 8 movement) doesn't help you may need to test on another device, or location.

Regards,
Andi

I was afraid that this would be the case...is it feasible that I manuplulate the compass values at native android side...I know I shouldn't be asking you this, but if you have an experience regarding this or any pointers would be helpful. Changing the location would not be a choice...

Thanks again!

EDIT:

ok after a bit of a research I think its not possible to manipulate the values of compass as it is a sensor and nor there's a way ever to set value of sensor(through higher level programing)....neither there is a way to make a fake compass and make android use it as default compass...

Correct me if I am wrong

Thank you!
Login or Signup to post a comment