Start a new topic

OnClick Function Fail To Response

OnClick Function Fail To Response

Hi All,

I'm displaying 1 Background Image and 1 small X button to close the box.

Calling a function on a close button which is on top of a background. Btw Background also has a click listener.

Now when i click on POI/Background it works but when i click on close-button, it doesn't respond. Why?

Is it because of the priority..? Like IF the container (Background) also has click-listener then all the sub component on it will get fail to respond to their listener?

Is there anyone who faced same issue and now resolved it? 

If anyone knows the root cause of it or it's solution, please do share it with me. Thanks in advance.

HERE IS CODE

function loadPOIs(jsonData){                

document.getElementById("statusElement").innerHTML='Poi Loading....';                              

jsonObject = JSON.parse(jsonData);

var bubbleBG = new AR.ImageResource("bg_property_bubble.png");

var closePOIBtn = new AR.ImageResource("hide_button.png");                

for(var i = 0; i < jsonObject.length; i++)

{

var poidrawables = new Array();

var bubbleImg = new AR.ImageDrawable(bubbleBG, 2.60,{

triggers:{

onClick:createClickTrigger(jsonObject.objID)}});

//Method-1

//var closePOIImgDrw = new AR.ImageDrawable(closePOIBtn, 1.5 ,{zOrder:1,offsetX:2.60, offsetY:0.70,{triggers: {

//                                                  onClick:testBtnClick('1')}}});

//Method-2

var closePOIImgDrw = new AR.ImageDrawable(closePOIBtn,1.0,{zOrder:1,offsetX:2.60, offsetY:0.70});

closePOIImgDrw.onClick = function testBtnClick(){

document.getElementById("statusElement").style.display = 'block';

document.getElementById("statusElement").innerHTML = 'Click Fired:' + jsonObject.objID;

}

jsonObject.bgImg = bubbleImg;

jsonObject.closeBtn = closePOIImgDrw;

poidrawables.push(bubbleImg);

poidrawables.push(closePOIImgDrw);

var geoLoc = new AR.GeoLocation(jsonObject.Point.latitude,jsonObject.Point.longitude,jsonObject.Point.altitude);

var geoObj = new AR.GeoObject(geoLoc, {drawables: {cam:poidrawables, radar:markersAtRadar}});// markersAtRadar image defined

jsonObject.poiObj = geoObj;

geoObj.renderingOrder = 1;

}//For end

document.getElementById("statusElement").style.display = 'none';

}//Function End

function createClickTrigger(id) {

document.getElementById("statusElement").innerHTML = 'On BG Click Fired: '+id;

}

function testBtnClick(id) {

document.getElementById("statusElement").innerHTML = 'On Close Btn Click Fired: '+id;

}

Regards!

Aamir Ali

iOS Apps Developer

Sr. Software Engineer
@ Time Group Limited

Hello,

you don't return a boolean in your click-functions createClickTrigger and testBtnClick. If you don't return anything the next click-trigger will be fired. It should be enough to "return true;" at the end of both functions.

You find more details about the onClick-trigger in the reference.

Hope that helps,
Chris

Hi  Chris,

Thanks to direct me on right source i was looking for.

Yes you are right according to wikitude documentation, we've to return BOOLEAN.

I also found if we gonna create onClick callback function while initialization of ARObject, it suddenly fires right after object's initialization.

I got it's solution by defining anonymous function inside callback function as 

function closeBtnClick(){

return function()

{

alert("close button click event fire.");                    

}                

return true;

}

By this way, button click event registered but if i want to pass any parameter to closeBtnClick function to use it when close Button Clicks.

For instance, on close buttn click i want to print that passing parameter on screen.

I'm doing it though this way which is not accepting by Wikitude architectView and I can't see any ARObject on the screen due to this approach.

function closeBtnClick(param){

return function()

{

alert("close button click event fire. Param:"+param);

}                

return true;

}

Can you please guide here what went wrong? Or Param variable doesn't accesible inside the anonymous function?

Regards!

Aamir Ali

Hi Guys,

Is there anybody who can answer my post??? :(

Regards!

Aamir Ali

Hi Guys,

Finally i got solution of my problem by exploring Javascript a bit in detail.

Its about Javascript Closures in which In-line function fail to transfer outer-world variable. So We've to store that outer-world variable into a local variable inside the In-line function and start using local variable now. But we also have to use (); at the end of the function which is like a magic statement.

Here is code that exactly looks like

for(var i=0; i<jsonObject.length; i++){

closePOIImgDrw.onClick = (function(){

var currentIndex = i;

return function(){

alert('My ID:'+currentIndex);//Here i'm using currentIndex local variable name not outer-function.

removeSinglePOI(currentIndex);

}

})();

}//for end

It is working fine in my case and I'm glade to share this solution with others whoever get stuck in same kinda problem.

Regards!

Aamir Ali

iOS Apps Developer

Sr. Software Engineer @ TGD

Here is link from where i explored it.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/111102/how-do-javascript-closures-work

Your function doesn't work because you return a function within a function, then you never reach the return of the boolean.

Try this:

function closeBtnClick(){
alert("close button click event fire.");
return true;
}

(function closeBtnClick(param){
return function()
{
alert("close button click event fire. Param:"+param);
return true;
}
})(param)

Hello,

I'm really sorry. In fact I did reply to your post, but pushed the preview- instead of the publish-button. So it was stored as a draft.

Chris
Login or Signup to post a comment