Start a new topic

Syncing Flickr with Wikitude

Syncing Flickr with Wikitude

I am working on developing a series of photos of an area based in a Flickr account to be used for a self-guided interpretive hike of an area. Is there a way I need to directly sync my Flickr photos with Wikitude, or if I geotag the locations manually on Flickr's map, will it then show up on Wikitude? Some of the photos will not have location data built into them, as I am uploading historical photos in addition to current photos.

Alternately, if there is any easy way to upload photos with text (ARML is more than I am able to easily use), I would be interested in knowing that. I am currently exploring just tagging with the wikitude.me and having a link to a central webpage.

Thank you.

Hi Eric,

As you mentioned you need to geotag your Flickr photos so they show up in the Flickr World in Wikitude. Alternatively you can create your own World (Channel) which only displays your photos you can find a summary of the different technical possibilities on the World creation under http://www.wikitude.com/developer/publish/publishing-options. But as you mentioned that ARML is not the best option for you check out the KML option or as stated use Wikitude.me.

If you're eager to get further technical details on the different options please visit our documentation area.

Nicola

So far none of my Flickr posts or POIs are showing up on iPhone or iPad Wikitude apps. I added four (two of each) over 24 hours ago and none of them are yet appearing. I have added another two today as well. With the Flickr photos I have made sure they are set to public and manually assigned them a spot on my Flickr map. Unless there is some other step I am missing, I am at a loss for why things are not working. Again, I have checked on both my personal iPhone and a borrowed iPad equipped with Wikitude.

Any ideas as to why this isn't working?

Hi Eric,

The steps you took sound correct. As our backend is querying the Flickr service and we display the POIs we get from this service, unfortunately we can't control which POIs are returned from the Flickr service. If you want to know more please have a look at the Flickr API pages.

Thx

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment