Start a new topic

[CMMotionManager retain] deallocated reference Wikitude SDK 1.1.1

[CMMotionManager retain] deallocated reference Wikitude SDK 1.1.1

Hi all,

I have just rolled over to the new Wikitude SDK 1.1.1 release for iOS but am receiving a new error when moving the app from background -> foreground.

*** -: message sent to deallocated instance.

I have rolled back to Wikitude SDK 1.1 and the error ceases to exist. I perform the following actions when moving from background/foreground

-(void)stopArchitect {

if(self.architectView != nil) {

;

}

}

-(void)startArchitect {

if(self.architectView != nil) {

;

}

}

Hi Leon,

are you passing your own CMMotionManager in initializeWithKey:motionManager ?

Can you tell me which iOS version your device is running and which version of Xcode you have installed?

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I am currently developing on iOS 6 using the latest version of xcode 4.5.  I use the same as code to initialise the architectView as the SimpleARBrowser.  I leave the motionManger as nil as set in the demo

// because we're in viewDidAppear (which can get called more often when we switch views) we check if we already initialized the sdk view

if (!didFinishArchitectInitialisation) {

// standard alloc/init with frame call for a uiView subclass

self.architectView = ;        

// initialize the sdk with your key

;

// we set the delegate from our sdk view to this view controller (see the documentation for more details about the delegate protocol)

self.architectView.delegate = self;

// add the sdk view as a subview to the view controllers view

;

didFinishArchitectInitialisation = YES;

}

I just realised if i delete the app on the phone and redeploy it crashes at the 'powered by wikitude' screen.

Hi,

Can you send me a quick sample project or the relevant source files so that I can have a look at it?

You can send a zip file at forum@wikitude.com (subject: 1.1.1 sdk iOS - CMMotionManager).

Best regards

Andreas

Sorry I havent replied Andreas busy day,

I have made some progress in regards to this.  Initially I had the self.architectView initialisation code in the viewDidAppear: function of the viewController rather than viewWillAppear: .  This has stopped the issue of background/foreground loading issues.

However I still have deallocated instance issue when deploy application to the handset for the first time.  It seems that the prompt '"App" would like to use your current location' triggered by the does not hold and the code bugs out.  If I debug and place a breakpoint at the call, and then say OK to current location prompt, the issue doesnt appear.

I will continue working on this and let you know if made any progress.

Ok back to square one,

I can get wikitude SDK 1.1.1 to bust just by start/stop/start the architectView.  For example if i put the following code into WTSecondViewController.m - viewDidAppear in the SimpleARBrowser example I will get a deallocated error.  Performing the same operation in Wikitude SDK 1.1 does not 

- (void)viewDidAppear:(BOOL)animated

{

;

;

;

;

}

Hi Leon,

I'll have a look at your problem and keep you up to date.

Best regards

Andreas

Any update on this?. I'm having the same issue. The only workaround I've found is not stopping the architect view but this make the rest of the views running slow and choppy in older devices.

Same here.

If anybody has a solution please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Adrian
Login or Signup to post a comment