Start a new topic

Deactivate location updating on background/termination iOS app

Deactivate location updating on background/termination iOS app

Hi all,

Im having issues with my Wikitude iOS (SDK 1.1) application actively receiving location updates when the app has moved into background or has been terminated.  Its causing my app to drain the battery life of the phone quite fast making it impractical for real world use.

I have a closed all updates on my CLLocationManager objects through out app but it is still requesting location data when pushed to background.

Currently I am using the stopArchitect post notification in my app delegate when it moves into the background (applicationWillResignActive:) to deactivate the wikitude architect view but im pretty sure the Wikitude SDK is still requesting location updates regardless in the background.

Is the an equivalent stopLocationUpdating function I can call to disabled location updating for the wikitude architect view when app moves to background?

BUMP.

I still have this issue atm.  Would like to know if anyone else has this issue related to Wikitude SDK 1.1 for iOS??

Hi Leon,

Are you calling the stop method of WTArchitectView if your app resign active state?

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Yes I have 2 functions responsible for stop/starting architect view which are called when app moves from background/foreground

-(void)stopArchitect {

if(self.architectView != nil) {

;

}

}

-(void)startArchitect {

if(self.architectView != nil) {

;

}

}

Is there anything more I need to do in this instance?  I shutdown all my other location managers but the phone still seems to be using intensive location tracking when in the background.  Could the new Wikitude SDK 1.1.1 contain fixes for this??  If I have any progress in this matter I will let you know.
Login or Signup to post a comment