Start a new topic

Wikitude "swallows" Tap Gestures?

Wikitude "swallows" Tap Gestures?

I'm stuck. I am using a set of UIImageViews, each one should do something when the user taps on it. I used touchesBegan which worked out fine. However, after introducing some swipe detection I wanted to change the code using UITapGestureRecognizer. What I got so far:
UITapGestureRecognizer *tapRecognizer = ;

UIImageView* frame = ;
frame.frame = CGRectMake(50, 50, 200, 50);
frame.userInteractionEnabled = true;
;
;
tapDetected currently does nothing but simply logging a message:
- (void)tapDetected:(UITapGestureRecognizer*)recognizer
{
NSLog(@"tab detected...");
}
However, tapDetected is never called! Could it be that Wikitude somehow swallows tap events that do not happen on a POI?

Regards,
      Christian
Hi Christian,

Can you describe in more detail what you're planing to do? Perhaps I can help or assist you with some more detailed information.

Best regards

Andi
Hi,

actually, there isn't much more to describe: I want to enable different gestures that trigger different actions. The best practice (as far as I know) would be to handle UITapGestureRecognizer, UISwipeLeftGestureRecognizer, etc. Handling swipe gestures works perfectly smooth, however, handling tap gestures will not be triggered (probably because the Wikitude API handles them and does not pass them). I am now using a combination of the GesturesRecognizer (for swipe gestures) and touchesBegan() / touchesEnded - this works, however it isn't really nice.

Bye
     Christian
Login or Signup to post a comment