Start a new topic

scan functionality (i.e. QR Code)

scan functionality (i.e. QR Code)

You may use professional barcode scanner to read QR codes because nearly all barcode readers contain decoder circuitry analyzing the barcode's image data provided by the sensor.
Hi,

is it possible to define more complex content such QR codes which are linked in background with some Video Sources.
Use Case.
Using wikitude browser I am able to scan some QR code and based on these QR codes backend server can deliver some animations or some video contents?

BR
A.
Hi,

With our SDK version 1.1 we added an extension for Qualcomm Vuforia SDK for image recognition which is perfect match for you. Just have a look at our SDK and ARchitect documention or contact sales@wikitude.com if you have you have any business related questions.

Thx

Nicola

Why a staff of wikitude told me that interface of Wikitude SDK for adding bar code control comes with next release?

Did the wikitude already support scan qr code, rather than generate qr code?

It is correct that the next SDK release will support plugins and barcode/QR scanning as an example implementation. Generating QR codes is not in the scope. 

It's good to use Wikitude to scan QR code and read the info inside. But now  a QR code reader on mobile devices is more easily operated and accurately reads.

And if a QR code has enough resolution and is complete to be read, it doesn't matter its text or video-link that is encoded. All can be read out by scanners.

Hello,

you can easily use any QR code reader to scan a QR code that links to a Wikitude AR experience and gets your users directly to it via AR Link.

Can you please describe in detail what you are trying to acheive and at which step you need support?

Regards,

Nicolas

Hi,

is it possible to define more complex content such QR codes which are linked in background with some Video Sources.
Use Case.
Using wikitude browser I am able to scan some QR code and based on these QR codes backend server can deliver some animations or some video contents?

BR
A.
Hello,

the ARchitect SDK with Qualcomm Vuforia does not natively support decoding of information contained in QR codes.
However, you can upload a QR code as a reference image, detect the supplied QR code and link the desired content such as videos and animations to it.

Best regards,
Nicolas
Hi,

Use Case.

BR
A.
Hi,

you can attach any content to QR code that the ARchitect SDK supports. Starting animations (see http://goo.gl/difL9) and playing videos (see AR.context.startVideoPlayer in http://goo.gl/1Dd5E) can be easily implemented.
With JavaScript it is easy to access content that is hosted on your servers and transform it into AR objects using corresponding ARchitect function calls (please have a look at the ARchitect API reference for details).

Best,
Nicolas
Hi,

Use Case.

BR
A.
Hi,

please rephrase your question and specify which specific details you need further information on that have not been answered yet.

Best,
Nicolas

It seems that i can use Wikitude to scan QR code.Does it means that i can scan all of the 2d barcode like data matrix barcode and pdf417 barcode?I think they contain more complex content,Is this possible?
Login or Signup to post a comment