Start a new topic

Camera flipped 90°

Camera flipped 90°

I'm testing SimpleARBrowser on my phone, and I've a weird problem: images from camera are flipped 90° anticlockwise, both in landscape and portrait modes, and the image seems stretched to fit all the screen.

how can I fix/force orientation on ArchitectView?

thanks
Hi there!

Thanks for your interest in the SDK.
Could you please let us know which device you were using? Issue is known but should occur on very few devices out there.
Please aso try force landscape/portrait via manifest using e.g. "android:screenOrientation="landscape" in your activity definition.

Kind regards,
Andreas
probably I have one of this "lucky" devices... :-(

I'm testing on Samsung GT-S5660 and Samsung GT-S5570; on first device I've found the error (both with my app and with Wikitude Browser), on second one everything works fine...
I'm testing SimpleARBrowser on my phone, and I've a weird problem: images from camera are flipped 90° anticlockwise, both in landscape and portrait modes, and the image seems stretched to fit all the screen.

how can I fix/force orientation on ArchitectView?

thanks
Hi there!

We are aware that some devices (in some OS versions) out there do not handle camera-api as they should, which causes this strange behavior.
Could you please name your device and try to put 

android:screenOrientation="landscape"
in AndroidManifest.xml as an attribute in
Hi there!

We are aware that some devices (in some OS versions) out there do not handle camera-api as they should, which causes this strange behavior.
Could you please name your device and try to put 

android:screenOrientation="landscape"
in AndroidManifest.xml as an attribute in
Hi again!

Seems as if your Android 2.3.6 GT-S5570 is one of the trouble-makers.
Since this is an issue of the device's firmware I can't help you any further - Forcing Landscape or portrait are the solely things that might help: if not you need to blacklist this device internally.

Sorry for inconvenience but some Android-devices are somehow different ;-)

I hope that does not block your project in a way.

All the best from Salzburg,
Andreas

Is Android 4.1.1 GT-P5113 another one of the known troublemakers?

I am getting this same problem.  POIs and other things display upright.  It's just the camera that is rotated 90 degrees anti-clockwise.

I'm having this same issue with the latest version of the wikitude SDK. The previous version (Android_2.0.0_2013-02-26_17-18-36) seems to work just fine. I'm running on a Google Nexus 10.
Login or Signup to post a comment