Start a new topic

Images in KML from Google Maps aren't displayed

Images in KML from Google Maps aren't displayed

Currently, when I create a "My Maps" map in google, there is an option for the description to include html.  The html in the description field can include images as follows:

In "My Maps" you can also include multiple maps/videos in this way.  However, This information seems to be ignored by Wikitude.  What would be the appropriate way to
do one of the following:
1.) Get Wikitude to display this html information
2.) Change the KML that I'm using so that multiple images can be displayed per each location
3.) Use ARML as an alternative.

My hope is that the images can be displayed in the info box so that when you click on the icon-locator in Wikitude, the images can be seen in the description as well.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Hi!

You have 2 ways to achieve this: either with an ARML file, or with ARchitect.

ARML files support thumbnails, you can refer to them with a URL. Alternatively, you can add multiple attachments to you Placemark, you could add the thumbnails as attachments, see openarml.org for details.

Wit ARchitect, you have more flexibility in what is displayed for a Placemark, you can add plain HTML to an ARchitect file. Please refer to architect.wikitude.com for details.

Best regards,
Martin
Martin, thanks for the quick response, your help is appreciated!
Two other related questions:

1.) Google Map paths don't seem to come over into the map in Wikitude..does wikitude support paths in it's map, and if so, how?
2.) Google Map description-html support embedding video clips, is there a Wikitude media tag that supports this kind of thing in the wikitude world browser...or would I have to
use Architect to do that?

Thanks!
Two other related questions:

1.) Google Map paths don't seem to come over into the map in Wikitude..does wikitude support paths in it's map, and if so, how?
2.) Google Map description-html support embedding video clips, is there a Wikitude media tag that supports this kind of thing in the wikitude world browser...or would I have to
use Architect to do that?

Thanks!
@1: Right now, Wikitude only supports Point geometries, no paths, Polygons etc.
@2: You would have to use ARchitect, where you can render any HTML content you can render on the platform's browser.
Login or Signup to post a comment