Start a new topic

Issues with new AR-Link feature

Issues with new AR-Link feature

Hi,

just tried the new AR-link feature. I believe this is the best innovation at Wikitude since a long time. However ...

I just cant get it to work on my devices. Issues are as follows:

HTC Desire S with Android 2.3.5 and HTC Sense 3.0 and Wikitude 7.1 (Browsers all latest versions)

Firefox: not recognised as mobile browser
Dolphin HD: says that Wikitude is not installed, but it IS!
Opera Mobile: not reconised as mobile browser

Medion Lifetab 9516 (Hofer) with Android 4.0.3 and Wikitude 7.1 (Browsers all latest versions)

Firefox: I get to the "Lauch Wikitude" link - but it does NOT launch
Dolphin: not recognised as mobile browser
Opera Mobile: I get to the "Lauch Wikitude" - but then it says that the protokoll is not supported

So no matter what I tried, I never made it into Wikitude.

Greetings from the Traunsee,
Jörg

btw: here the link of my mobile site - traunsee.easytourist.at - (just hit the AR-button at the top to get to the AR-link)
Just asked a friend to try it on the iPhone (4S). No luck either :-(
I tried it now with the Android standard browser and that worked well on the HTC. But still no luck on the Tablet (browser not recognised as mobile).

Android standard browser, can you tell me how to select the standard browser.  I came across the sam eissue in my Android phone.

With 'standard browser' I was referring to the preinstalled browser app on Android (it's called 'Internet' on my HTC).

By the way, a short update: Just got the new HTC ONE with Android 4.1.2 and HTC Sense 5.0 - here is what happens (all apps updated within last 2 weeks) ...

Standard Browser: Tells me that Wikitude is not installed - but actually it is

Firefox, Chrome, Dolphin, Opera Mobile: all the same

I hate to say that - but this feature sucks :-(
Login or Signup to post a comment