Start a new topic

what direction i am looking?

what direction i am looking?

I did study the ARchitectTools API and did some testing on IOS Devices.
What i did not found is a way the get the orientation of the screen back.
Is there a way to get the degrees the center of the screen points to (like a kompass)?
Is there a way to get the borders (left right) of the view field back in degrees?
Or is there a way to get the angle back between two locations or between the center of the screen and a location (simular to the distance function)?

Thanks in advance...
Currently we don't report this low level information via the ARchitect API. What do you want to achieve and what is your usecase? Depending on your usecase it might still be possible to accomplish it with ARchitect. Otherwise this information would help us in evaluating if we should include this functionality in an upcoming version.
First thanks a lot for the fast answer!!

I wanted to implement the radar myself.
The viewfield in the radar should always look north but the locations (little points in the radar) should turn around if i turn the screen around.
I could draw the points with the location info and turn the hole radar with the information of the kompass. But i would prefer to get the 'kompass' (or direction of the view) information from the framework to avoid different or wrong information.

I did read in the radar post in the forum that a build in radar should come soon. Is it avaiable already in the non comercial Version or in a other version? I am working with the trial version.

A radar is a must for me. Else you cant find the direction of the POI's easy if the are not in the field of view.
First thanks a lot for the fast answer!!

I wanted to implement the radar myself.
The viewfield in the radar should always look north but the locations (little points in the radar) should turn around if i turn the screen around.
I could draw the points with the location info and turn the hole radar with the information of the kompass. But i would prefer to get the 'kompass' (or direction of the view) information from the framework to avoid different or wrong information.

I did read in the radar post in the forum that a build in radar should come soon. Is it avaiable already in the non comercial Version or in a other version? I am working with the trial version.

A radar is a must for me. Else you cant find the direction of the POI's easy if the are not in the field of view.
I see. The radar is definitely coming, but not available yet. As mentioned we are not reporting compass orientation via the API so this won't be possible to implement yourself. Please stay tuned for more news on the next version.
Login or Signup to post a comment