Start a new topic

Wikitude SDK in offline mode

Wikitude SDK in offline mode

I want to develop an app which will operate in off-line mode (i.e. no 3G neither Wifi coverage). Is it possible to feed the Wikitude SDK with POIs from within the mobile device?. I understand I will need to load an ARChitect World (html) and feed the ArchitectView component with POIs and interaction?.  Is all this possible in offl-line mode?.
Hi there,

the Wikitude SDK is capabale of handling data in offline mode. You need to make sure that you package your HTML, JS and JSON files directly with your app. 
Thank you very much for your quick response. Hopefully we will be purchasing an AR presentation layer for our app and the Wikitude SDK seems to fit our needs. Best regards.
I'm sorry, just one last question. You said we need to package our app along with our HTML, JS and JSON files in order to operate off-line. But in our case we will be creating the worlds dynamically within the mobile device. Could I create the ARchitech Worlds dynamically, loading and feeding them when needed?. Is that still possible in off-line mode?.
Hi,

the scenario you described is perfectably feasible. If you have your data on the device already, it is absolutely no problem pushing them to the AR view in offline mode as you like.
Perfect. Thank you again for your answer. Best regards.
Login or Signup to post a comment