Start a new topic

Technical Mobile App Questions & Problems with Facebook app

Technical Mobile App Questions & Problems with Facebook app

Hello,

We are thinking seriously about using wikitude as a platform for our
mobile applications.  My hope is to be able to use your platform with
facebook as a means for creating a location based app that hopefully does the following:

1.) Allow location content such as place photos, videos, description, and renderables to be stored
in facebook.  Most clients will are already using facebook, so storing information here
is already part of their workflow.

Bug:  After trying to use your Facebook app, it seems that I can never see any locations in my world.
I get a load screen that never shows anything and never closes

2.) Integrate with google street view / google maps to present a tour map & route.

3.) Provide a single cross-platform app that works on IOS and android.  It seems that your
Architecture APIs provide this; however, I wanted to make sure.  Ideally, I would like to create
the app in Touch4J or Flex mobile to provide a cross-platform experience without creating multiple
apps for each os.

4.) Allow for the wikitude world created in Facbook / Wikitude mobile app to be viewed in the custom app.

5.) I'm not sure about this, but can the Facebook page admin have control over which locations or location photos
become part of the world?  In essence, this would allow for user-generated content with the ability to
moderate content.  This is a very important question and feature that we would need.

6.) Repeat of earlier question:  Can the Architecture framework run within a typical mobile framework (with camera support)
such as Phonegap, Touch4J, or Flex Mobile (via browser component) or does the Architecture framework have to be the
enclosing framework that ties in other JQuery/Google maps interaction?

7.) Wikitude Browser Features in custom mobile app:

What features from the wikitude mobile app such as the compass, image information bubble, and location information can you
create in a custom mobile app?  How much of the preceeding is built-in and what has to be custom coded?

If possible, I would appreciate speaking with someone over skype about these technical questions...any help / answers is certainly appreciated.

Thanks
Richard
As discussed via email
Do you mind sharing your reply? I'm interested to know the answers esp Question 4.
Do you mind sharing your reply? I'm interested to know the answers esp Question 4.

4.) Allow for the wikitude world created in Facbook / Wikitude mobile app to be viewed in the custom app.

The Wikitude Facebook World is an ARchitect based World, which makes use of the Facebook connect API. We currently do not have that as a plugin or available for others to include that in the SDK. Would you be interested to include that in your SDK based app? Is it an option for you to e.g. have the source code of the the FB World in github and work it from there?
We have similar requirement to integrate Wikitude Facebook app via custome app. I would really appreciate, if you can post answers to all the questions in this post.

Thanks in advance,
Atul

Thanks for your interest. The integration with facebook is a separate development done by one of our teams. It is not part of Wikitude or the SDK we usually license.

However as the questions were very specific in the original post, I'd prefer a quick chat with you via email and skype on your requirements. Please contact me under info wikitude.com.

1.) Allow location content such as place photos, videos, description, and renderables to be storedin facebook.  Most clients will are already using facebook, so storing information here
is already part of their workflow.

Bug:  After trying to use your Facebook app, it seems that I can never see any locations in my world.
I get a load screen that never shows anything and never closes

2.) Integrate with google street view / google maps to present a tour map & route.

You can integrate google maps api without any problems.

3.) Provide a single cross-platform app that works on IOS and android.  It seems that your Architecture APIs provide this; however, I wanted to make sure.  Ideally, I would like to create the app in Touch4J or Flex mobile to provide a cross-platform experience without creating multiple
apps for each os.

For that you need to license our SDK and either work with PhoneGap or Titanium, which then allows cross-plattform development. You can also choose to develop native code and have you AR content run cross-plattform.

Not possible at the moment.

5.) I'm not sure about this, but can the Facebook page admin have control over which locations or location photos become part of the world?  In essence, this would allow for user-generated content with the ability to moderate content.  This is a very important question and feature that we would need.

6.) Repeat of earlier question:  Can the Architecture framework run within a typical mobile framework (with camera support)
such as Phonegap, Touch4J, or Flex Mobile (via browser component) or does the Architecture framework have to be the
enclosing framework that ties in other JQuery/Google maps interaction?

see above

7.) Wikitude Browser Features in custom mobile app:

What features from the wikitude mobile app such as the compass, image information bubble, and location information can you create in a custom mobile app?  How much of the preceeding is built-in and what has to be custom coded?

The SDK gives you basically free choice to create any bubble as you like. There is a ready-built radar element which you can use. 

Login or Signup to post a comment