Start a new topic

Is there any way to have a AR.Label take up more than 1 line and wrap?

Is there any way to have a AR.Label take up more than 1 line and wrap?

So far after playing with your SDK, that is the only thing that I can?t accomplish that I require in order to become a paying customer.

Below are the two ways I have tried and it still always shows up on just one line.
var label = new AR.Label(jsonObject.id + ": " + " : " + jsonObject.name,1.0,
{offsetY : 21.0,
triggers: {
onClick:
createClickTrigger(jsonObject.id)},
style : {textColor : '#FFC100',backgroundColor : '#FFFFFF80'}});

var label = new AR.Label(jsonObject.id + ": " + " : /n" + jsonObject.name,1.0,
{offsetY : 21.0,
triggers: {
onClick:
createClickTrigger(jsonObject.id)},
style : {textColor : '#FFC100',backgroundColor : '#FFFFFF80'}});
Does anyone look at these entries?  I would REALLY appreciate an answer on this question.  I know that I could do it by creating html boxes myself and populating them with the right information, but it would make my life a lot easier if I could just find out whether it is possible to have a multi-line label and how.

Steve Saxton
Currently this is not directly possible. A Label is by our definition a single line of text. We are working on solutions for the next version to have formatted multi line text.
Right now I would suggest to split it manually the text into 2 lines, create 2 AR.Labels and use the offsetY property to position one label on top of the other.
Thanks so much for the reply.

That is what I thought the answer would be.  Now to move on to implementation.

Steve Saxton

Still there is no direct way to have multiple lines?

Hello Bayan,

I believe that HTML Drawables would be the only option here.

Thanks
Eva

Is there any sample for the using multiline text in the HTML Drawables? 

I have done code like this from the documentation but it is not displayed in the view. How can I display multiline text in the HtmlDrawable?

this.htmlDrawable = new AR.HtmlDrawable({html:"<div>My div</div>"}, 30, {
                                            offsetX : 1,
                                           horizontalAnchor : AR.CONST.HORIZONTAL_ANCHOR.LEFT,
                                           opacity : 0.9
                                           });

I am doing this code in the Wikitude sample 'marker.js'. 

Hi Hardik,

I am a bit confused here since the code you have posted does not include a multiline text. Do you mean that you do not see any text at all? Please clarify.

Thanks
Eva

Hardik I know what i will say might sound silly, but try it. Hopes it solves it for you as it did for me. Put a white paper on your camera and move your phone around. If i am right this could be just a positioning problem Best of luck

Hi Eva,

Yes, I am trying to convert my Label code into the HTMLDrawable but I am not able to see any information or object.

I am able to see the details on the Label. 

So I was looking for any sample code which can display multiline text in the HTMLDrawable. 

@Bayan I will try that. 

Login or Signup to post a comment