Start a new topic

Interactive 2D and 3D images

Interactive 2D and 3D images

Hi,

I was given your email by one of the support team as I am trying to achieve something using Wikitude Browser but am not sure if it is possible.

I want to use the Wikitude browser to display interactive 2D images in 3D locations read from a web server. I already have a test web server providing a sample data of a Wikitude World (http://www.visplastica.com/v/) and this displays the data using the Wikitude Browser bubbles. However, I thought that I could couple this with an ARchitect experience to display this data using images and graphics.

Am I wrong? Are the two systems completely separate? Is no functionality in the ARchitect Library to fetch data from an external Wikitude World server. Such functionality would be invaluable! Or am I missing something, is this something that is easy to achieve via other means?

BTW, one of your support people suggested that ARchitect experiences work in the current Wikitude Browser versions for Android and iOS but I according to your DevZone pages, ARchitect experiences will only work in the beta v7 Android version of Wikitude Browser. Which
information is correct?

QUESTION POSTED ON OUR SUPPORT FORM BY DYLAN
Hi,

Regarding the ARML question: at the moment ARML is completely unrelated  to ARchitect. However since ARML is based on XML you can parse the XML inside Javascript and generate the AR content. The great thing about ARchitect is that it offers you total control over what is displayed in AR. Besides better interaction possibility and animations, you are able to create your custom marker and bubble design.   We currently have silent support of ARchitect in the latest versions of  Wikitude for iOS and Android (6.5.x and above)
Login or Signup to post a comment