Start a new topic

Problems with Twitter in Wikitude

Problems with Twitter in Wikitude

How do I get Wikitude to show tweets in my area? It seems to be the only function that doesn't work properly. When I use the Twitter Wikitude, it shows me tweets that are supposedly from users nearby, but on further inspection these tweets belong to users from all around the world. I've tested most of the other search options and they seem to accurately report events, locations, and people that are located nearby. Is there a setting or something that needs to be changed? Does anybody else have this problem?
Hi!

Thanks for your question. We use the Twitter online API to retrieve the nearest tweets around your location. In your case, Twitter might deliver data from people who have been visiting your area and creating tweets there.
However, we will look into this issue and see if there's something we can improve - can you tell us your phone language and the location you experienced this behavior?

Thanks,
Martin
Hello, Martin! Thanks for responding!

My phone uses English and I'm using Wikitude in Alberta, Canada. Currently, all the tweets shown on the map (within a 1 km radius of my location) appear to be based out of the Scotland?Glasgow, Edinburgh, etc. However, in the past the API has also shown tweets from accounts based out of Russia, South Africa, and the United States. I've not yet seen any tweets based out of my own country, let alone my area.
Thanks for your help! It's greatly appreciated
Hi!

Understood, thanks for your report!
Our engineering team will check this behavior, we hope to provide an answer and a fix to this soon.

Best,
Martin
I'm not sure why, but now the twitter API appears to be showing local tweets. Has anything changed? As far as I can tell I haven't made any changes to the app or my phone since originally reporting the problem.
I have the exact same problem!, Im in England and tweets being shown 120 metres away are from people in America. Theyre not here visiting, they are physical located in America.
I also have those errors happen with locations and restaurants. I have one venue showing as 450 meters away, truth is it is in a completely different town.

Hi Martin,

is there any samples for wikitude & Twitter. I have download and have use the NativeSdkExamples. 

Best Regards

Hi,

No we don't offer any tutorials or sample code for Twitter integration with the Wikitude SDK. NOTE: if you work with the Native API you'll need to implement the rendering on your end. Only the JS API and the Extensions offer the rendering for augmentations.

Greetings

Nicola

Thanks for the quick replay. This is the first time that I use the AR technology. Must I use the JS API only or Native Api with JS Api together?

Best Regards 

You'll need to use either or.

Greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment