Start a new topic

How can I test my Wikitude World before publishing?

How can I test my Wikitude World before publishing?

Once you uploaded or configured your World in the DevZone you can set the status of your World to ?testing?. This means that your World is not visible yet to the public in the Wikitude.

Enable the Developer mode in your Wikitude app and you can test your World. Each World has a 8-digit alphanumeric developer key associated to it. You can find it in the DevZone, when editing your World. Open settings in your Wikitude app and your World will be added to the All Worlds section.

Note: Developer mode is only available on iOS and Android.
Note: When enabling the "show test world" option on iOS devices, the contents of the featured page may change. Disable the option to revert back to the original featurings.
This is where you will find your specific developer key for each. Go into edit and below status you find the dev key.
Thanks Philipp,

I did not notice that, because I was unable to "add" a web service.
I kept getting an error, but thanks! good to know.
Thanks Philipp,

I did not notice that, because I was unable to "add" a web service.
I kept getting an error, but thanks! good to know.

The Dev-key is available for any asset you create in the DevZone. Do you still get an error when attempting to add a web service to the configuration?
Yes Philipp.

When I try to add web service it says:

"

The following problems were detected, the system was not able to process your URL:
Reason: Detected errors from your WebService. Please, check its online status and correctness of ARML response."

here is my url:

http://www.badgepix.com/ar/wikitude/
Hi Vince,

I just checked you file and found the following issues:

- the Placemark tag does not have an unique id it should look like:

- the ar:provider tag does not have the correct id. should look like:

mountain-tours-I-love.com

Please let me know if you need anything further.
my progress is painstakingly slow... (and frustrating) to just be able to "test" something.

When I run my setup I get : "No POIs in your area", but Im sure my location is correct on the mobile device, and Im sure the 2 locations Im returning are in the vacinity.

Does your system "cache" results? because if I'm testing... I really need it to "not" cache.  If you know what I mean.

Help!
my progress is painstakingly slow... (and frustrating) to just be able to "test" something.

When I run my setup I get : "No POIs in your area", but Im sure my location is correct on the mobile device, and Im sure the 2 locations Im returning are in the vacinity.

Does your system "cache" results? because if I'm testing... I really need it to "not" cache.  If you know what I mean.

Help!Check point 2 of the following post:
http://forum.wikitude.com/home/-/message_boards/view_message/14565#_19_message_14565

Mixing up latitude and longitude is a common thing
Hi,

I have a new ARML World and want to test it before putting it live. How can I do that?

QUESTION ORIGINALLY FROM OUR FAQ section
Login or Signup to post a comment